Social Media Should Have an Age-limit!
Boy! I know we all have that one family member who just takes it too far on social media. Especially on Facebook. Whether it’s a random question that they are asking you, which completely embarrasses you in front of your peers; or a general rundown of EVERYTHING they have planned for the day; not to mention every detail of a doctor’s appointment they just had or the fact that they woke up this morning and brushed their teeth. There are just some things that you don’t need to share with everyone you know. Facebook was started to allow college students to interact, and it should have stayed that way. The 40 and over crew have ruined it for everyone. As well as the tweens who are simply confused about life. Social media, whether it be Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, is so much cooler coming from the 20-35 age group. Don’t get me wrong, some of you 40 and over crew are cool and keep things funny, but there are the rare few who ruin it for everyone else. If any of the items listed below are you, just stop, please stop, and remove yourself from the equation, IMMEDIATELY!
1. Post a status 20 times a day! We know you love having this outlet, and keeping in touch with people you would otherwise not speak to at all is fun, but I don’t need to know your step-by-step daily routine. Thanks!
2. Post a picture of yourself when you wake up, mid-day, before bed. I think we have a general idea of what you look like. 100 pics aren’t needed to paint a picture.
3. Check-in! This has got to be one of the most stupid functions on Facebook. Not to mention very dangerous. I don’t need to see you check-in for work each day. And neither does the rest of the world. So now, your creeper friend, who has been waiting for the chance to run into you, knows where you are everyday at 830AM. Not smart.
4. Video OVERLOAD…. I love to laugh as much as the next person, but sharing/re-posting a video EVERY 20 minutes is too much. Again, don’t get me wrong, I love to laugh as much as the next person, but if I click on your FB or IG and all I see are re-posted videos as I scroll for days, there is a problem.
5. Dirty Laundry is meant for the hamper! Seriously. The word “over-share” is an understatement. At some point you should realize when enough is enough. I don’t need to know that your husband “put it down” last night; I don’t need to know that Mary James So-and-So has pissed you off and you’re ready to beat her ass; I don’t need to know what you caught your teenage son doing; I don’t need to know how much you dislike your daughter/son-in-law. I just DON’T need to know!
6. Aren’t we a little too old for that? Please…PLEASE stop with the twerking videos. Especially if you are over 40. I can’t!
7. Sooooo precious! I know your grand-kids are cute and all, but I’d prefer little Jimmy not be the only thing I’m seeing on my news feed.
8. Mr./Mrs. Know-it-All You know who these people are. The ones who have an answer or response for EVERYTHING. And God forbid you comment on something of theirs, they will never stop responding. It’s like, “do you have any other friends to talk to?”
9. Stating the obvious…. “Today is Halloween!” No shit Sherlock! I don’t think we needed a public service announcement to realize that all the pumpkins and kids walking around dressed as Frankenstein meant something out of the ordinary.
10. SLANG. Please. Stop. Thank you. Sincerly, Generation Z